A little bit of my story
I'm passionate about human-centered design, and love helping businesses refine their products to maximize customer happiness.
- Broad & deep experience in all aspects of web and user experience design
- Extensive experience working collaboratively within Agile/Scrum/Lean frameworks
- Passionate user advocate, creative problem solver, and strategic thinker
Skills & Tools
- Figma, Photoshop, Illustrator
- Prototyping in Figma (also past experience with Axure)
- Sketching, wireframing, diagramming & storyboarding
- Using, implementing & refining detailed design systems
Favorite UX practices
- Google Design Sprints
- Contextual Research/User Interviews
- Usability Testing w Prototypes
I started out learning front-end web development and usability in the early dot com days. Inspired by a mentor at my first web dev job, I dove into classic works from people like Nielsen & Norman, Luke Wroblewski, and Jesse James Garrett. Eventually, I had the opportunity to bring that learning to organizations hungry for more user-friendly websites and software.
I've worked for small businesses, software companies, and quite a few nonprofits. I always do my best to use design thinking to serve the people using a given product.
My most recent experience has been heavily focused on creating and implementing detailed design systems, user research activities, and prototyping in conjunction with usability testing to evaluate new product and feature designs.
Outside of work, things I'm passionate about include photography, animals, and the outdoors. I also enjoy making abstract art, writing, and music.
Naropa University, MA Buddhist Studies
Columbia University, BA Creative Writing & Literature